Effective May 25, 2018
We may use your data to provide and improve the Service or to provide technical support for customers using our Service. By using the Service, you agree to the collection and use of information in accordance with this policy.
• “Client” means a customer of Typhon Group, usually a school, including its faculty, staff, and students.
• “Client Data” means Personal Data a Client provides to use the Service.
• “Personal Data” means any information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person or considered personally identifiable information by law.
• “Public Area” means those portions of the Service that can be accessed both by Users and Visitors, without needing to log in.
• “Restricted Area” means those portions of the Service that can be accessed only by logging in.
• “User” means a person or entity that uses the Service.
• “User Data” means Personal Data that a User provides to use the Service.
• “Visitor” means an individual other than a User, who uses the public area, but has no access to the restricted areas of the Site or Service.
2. Information We Collect
2.1 Client and User Provided Information.
We collect information to provide and improve our Service to you. We sometimes collect Personal Data including:
• “Demographic Information”: When your account is created by either us or your school administrator, it may include information such as name, address, phone number, email address and other Personal Data. You may be asked by your school to enter this data yourself in your restricted area account.
• “FERPA Data”: This information may include educational information, personally identifiable information, and directory information of students (similar to Demographic Information). Typhon Group agrees to abide by each school’s policy regarding the application of this federal law commonly known as the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act of 1974 (FERPA).
• “Usage Data”: We may also collect information that your browser sends whenever you visit our Service. This may include information such as your computer’s Internet Protocol address (i.e. IP address), browser type, browser version, the pages of our Site that you visit, the time and date of your visit, the time spent on those pages, unique device identifiers, and the like. When you access the Service by or through a mobile device, this Usage Data may include information such as the type of mobile device you use, the IP address of your mobile device, your mobile operating system, and the type of mobile Internet browser you use.
• “Payment Information”: We may collect billing information, tracking information from checks or money orders, or other payment information if you purchase a service from us. Credit card purchases are processed directly with our processor, Braintree, through the use of “hosted fields”. However, no PCI card data (credit card number, expiration date, CVV code) is actually passed through the Typhon Group websites, nor is that data viewable or stored by us in any manner.
• “Account Activities Information”: We record and retain the records of your Account activities when you use the Service.
• “Statistical Information”: We gather statistical information about our Site and Users, such as IP addresses, browser software, operating system, software and hardware attributes, pages viewed, number of sessions, unique visitors and so forth.
• “Marketing Information”: From time to time, we gather information about our Users and prospective users during trade shows, marketing events and other functions for follow up marketing purposes.
2.2 Information Collected by Clients. Depending on their role, a User at a school may be involved in storing or uploading Personal Data about other Clients or Non-Clients in the Service. Because Typhon Group does not have a direct relationship with non-Clients (such as preceptors), each school is responsible for providing notice to those persons regarding how their Personal Data is processed in the Service as part of Client Data.
2.4 Collected Information. By “Collected Information” we mean information collected by cookies, information collected by Clients that is provided to us or collected by us as Client Data, Demographic Information, FERPA Data, Usage Data, Payment Information, Account Activities Information, Statistical Information, Marketing Information and any information we may collect from you or from other parties or through any other means.
3. Information We Do NOT Collect
Because it is commonly asked and/or misunderstood, we want to clarify that we do not collect specific types of data, such as:
3.1 HIPAA PHI. Typhon Group’s Services do NOT track any HIPAA protected health information (PHI) of patients entered by users, and users should not be instructed by their school to enter PHI in any manner.
3.2 PCI Card Data. Credit card purchases are processed directly with our processor, Braintree, through the use of “hosted fields”. However, no PCI card data (credit card number, expiration date, CVV code) is actually passed through the Typhon Group websites, nor is that data viewable or stored by us in any manner.
4. How We Use Collected Information
Typhon Group, LLC may use the Collected Information for various purposes:
4.1 General: We use your Collected Information to improve our marketing efforts, to statistically analyze site usage, to improve our content and product offerings and to customize our Site’s content, layout and Service specifically for you. We may use your Collected Information to provide technical support to Clients or other services to Clients, including but not limited to investigating problems, resolving disputes and enforcing agreements with us.
We do NOT sell, rent, trade or exchange any Personal Data of our Clients, Users or Visitors.
4.2 Demographic Information: We may use your Demographic Information to provide services that you request. Specifically, we may use your email address, mailing address, or phone number to contact you regarding notices, surveys, product alerts, new service or product offerings and communications relevant to your use of our Site. We may generate reports and analysis based on the Demographic Information for internal analysis, monitoring and marketing decisions.
4.3 FERPA Data: Each school agrees to release student names and other related information to Typhon Group with the understanding that Typhon will only use such information for its own purposes with regards to servicing the agreement with each school, and will not sell, release, or otherwise disseminate this information to any other entity.
4.4 Usage Data: We use Usage Data in aggregate to determine the market for new technologies, services or product offerings.
4.5 Payment Information: If you pay by credit card, we keep a copy of your e-mail receipt to prove that you paid, and, if the need arises, to provide an additional copy to you upon request. No PCI Card Data is included on the receipt.
4.6 Account Activities Information: We use Account Activities Information to provide the services that you request. We may also generate reports, statistics and analysis based on Account Activities Information to enhance and improve our Site and services.
4.7 Statistical Information: We use Statistical Information to help diagnose problems with and maintain our computer servers, to manage our Site, and to enhance our Site and services based on the usage pattern data we receive. We may generate reports and analysis based on the Statistical Information for internal analysis, monitoring and marketing decisions.
5. Disclosure of Data
5.1 Unrestricted Information. Any information that you voluntarily choose to include in a Public Area of the Service (such as a student portfolio without a required password), will be available to any Visitor or User who has the unique link to that content.
5.3 Disclosure for Law Enforcement. Under certain circumstances, Typhon Group may be required to disclose or make public Collected Information, including your Personal Data. For example, we may disclose Personal Data in the good faith belief that such action is necessary to:
• To comply with a legal obligation, for example in response to a subpoena or other judicial order or when we reasonably believe that such disclosure is required by law, regulation or administrative order of any court, governmental or regulatory authority.
• To protect and defend the rights or property of Typhon Group, LLC, including to identify, contact or bring legal action against someone who may be infringing or threatening to infringe, or who may otherwise be causing injury to or interference with, the title, rights, interests or property of Typhon Group, our Users, Clients, Visitors, or anyone else who could be harmed by such activities.
• To prevent or investigate possible wrongdoing in connection with the Service
• To protect the personal safety of users of the Service or the public
• To protect against legal liability
6. Retention of Data
Typhon Group, LLC will also retain Usage Data for internal analysis purposes. Usage Data is generally retained for a shorter period of time, except when this data is used to strengthen the security or to improve the functionality of our Service, or we are legally obligated to retain this data for longer time periods.
7. Transfer of Data
Your information, including Personal Data, may be transferred to — and maintained on — computers located outside of your state, province, country or other governmental jurisdiction where the data protection laws may differ than those from your jurisdiction.
If you are located outside United States and choose to provide information to us, please note that we transfer the data, including Personal Data, to the United States and process it there.
8. Security of Data
If you are a Client or User who has registered with the Service, your Demographic Information can be viewed and edited through your Account, which is protected by a Password. We recommend that you do not divulge your Password to anyone. Our personnel will never ask you for your Password in an unsolicited phone call or in an unsolicited e-mail. If you share a computer with others, you should not choose to save your login information (e.g., User ID and Password) on the computer. Remember to sign out of your Account and close your browser window when you have finished your session. If you are a User or Visitor, please note that no method of transmission over the Internet, wireless transmission, or method of electronic storage is perfectly secure. The security of your data is important to us, and we strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect your Personal Data. However, we cannot guarantee its security.
9. Children’s Privacy
Our Service does not address and is not directed towards anyone under the age of 13 (“Children”). We do not knowingly collect personally identifiable information from anyone under the age of 13. If you are a parent or guardian and you are aware that your Children has provided us with Personal Data, please contact us. If we become aware that we have collected Personal Data from children without verification of parental consent, we take steps to remove that information from our servers.
10. Your Rights
Typhon Group, LLC aims to take reasonable steps to allow you to correct, amend, delete, or limit the use of your Personal Data.
10.1 Modifying Personal Data. Whenever made possible, if you have registered to use our Service, you can update your Personal Data directly within your account settings section. If you are unable to change your Personal Data, please contact the primary administrator at the school who owns the account.
10.2 Removing Personal Data. If you wish to be informed what Personal Data we hold about you and if you want it to be removed from our systems, please contact the primary administrator at the school who owns the account. If you are not a Client or User it is extremely unlikely that we would have your Personal Data.
10.3 Data Portability. You have the right to data portability for the information you provide to Typhon Group, LLC. You can request to obtain a copy of your Personal Data in a commonly used electronic format so that you can manage and move it. Typhon Group’s systems have been set up to allow the school with whom you shared your Personal Data to provide a copy of your Personal Data in commonly used electronic format, as it may be reasonably available and technologically feasible to obtain or segregate from other data. Therefore, you should make any request for a copy of your Personal Data to such school.
10.4 Other Data Subject Rights. In certain circumstances, you have the right:
• To access and receive a copy of the Personal Data we hold about you
• To rectify any Personal Data held about you that is inaccurate
• To request the deletion of Personal Data held about you
Please note that our systems are set up so that the school can respond to requests regarding these rights and you should contact any school with whom you have shared Personal Data regarding this request. Please further note that you may be asked to verify your identity before receiving a response to such requests.
12. Contact Us